Coffs Harbour received exciting news today with the announcement an application grant for another $10M has been approved by the State Government for the Stadium precinct.
Funding is for the stage 2 development of the Coffs Coast Regional Sports Hub…..infrastructure upgrades will include:
- 3 new rectangular fields (north of LP1,2 &3) with subsurface drainage including Australian Standard lighting and drainage
- New sports amenity block to service new fields and upgrade of existing amenity block to regional standard
- New access road and car park for new fields and much-needed major event parking
- Connectivity: including new shared footpath, cycleway, pedestrian bridges linking the three major sites within the Regional Sports Hub…stadium, education campus and health campus
- A business case, transport and flood studies for the proposed stage 3 – a regional indoor sports facility
The grant will really enhance the current and proposed infrastructure and provide more opportunities for bigger and other types of sports events.
Media release : $10m for Coffs Coast Regional Sports Hub