Hints and Tips
- Use the word count effectively – take it to the maximum. If it helps start, with dot points when answering questions, then go back and put the “meat on the bones”. You may need to cull some of your ideas out if you go over the word count; maybe they could be used in another criteria.
- “Sell yourself” – no one else is going to “blow your trumpet” – the reader needs to “feel” your “passion” for your business. Make them want to “turn the page”. Show/ demonstrate the “Wow ” factor.
- Make sure you stick to the criteria.
- Make sure you read and answer all the questions – it is easy to miss a question and then this will not be beneficial to you in the judging process.
- If you are using examples – ensure they are measurable – for example: maybe use % in growth, numbers increased by a certain amount after the promotion etc.
- Have someone else read your application before you submit it, check that what you are saying flows / makes sense; check the spelling and grammar.
- This link to the Small Business Toolkit, may serve as a useful tool to assist and provide guidance for entrants in any business in establishing a safety management system for their workplace be it small, medium or large – to better understand what health and safety compliance looks like and how relatively simple it can be to achieve without being costly. Small Business Tool Kit.