The Coffs Harbour Chamber of Commerce has been recognised as a finalist in the Mid North Coast Regional Business Awards 2017. Acknowledged for supporting local businesses to maximize their potential, the Coffs Chamber is a finalist in the Local Chamber of Commerce category.
The Coffs Chamber has been proactive in the local business community for many years, working tirelessly to ensure the continued economic growth of the Coffs Harbour region.
Chamber President, George Cecato attributes the award nomination to the Chamber’s hard work, dedication and passion for the region.
“Throughout the last 24 months, the Chamber has worked extremely hard to accomplish our dream of becoming the best regional city in Australia. We have achieved a great amount as a business community and must continue to listen and act, sharing our vision to work together” he said. “We, as a Chamber are committed to our members and plan to continue driving progression of the business community through industry, government and community engagement”.
To be eligible for admission in the awards, the Coffs Harbour Chamber of Commerce had to demonstrate achievement in following criteria:
- A key initiative driven by the Chamber that achieved specific and quantifiable outcomes for the local business community
- Positive representation and engagement with the local business community
- Engagement with and support of the NSW Business Chamber
- Key lessons learnt over the last 12 months and proposed strategic direction
Significant initiatives the Coffs Chamber accomplished over the last 24 months, in alignment with the above criteria include:
- Representation of the local business community at all levels of government – Federal, State and Local including collaboration with Council in support of multiple projects including; a winning bid for funding to upgrade the facilities at the C.ex Coffs International Stadium, commencement of new flight services to and from Coffs Harbour, return of the World Rally Championships to Coffs Harbour and support of numerous development applications and planning determinations including the Jetty Foreshores beautification project, Duke St extension, Gowings’ Accommodation in the CBD and Pacific Highway signage for local businesses
- Assisting Southern Cross University in securing $12 million of federal funding for their Allied Health Facility in Coffs Harbour
- Sunny’s Business Awards
- Support of events both commercial and charitable including; Start Up Coffs Coast, Red Shield Appeal and the C.ex Community Crew Sleep Out
- Direct engagement with the NSW Business Chamber including involvement in Regional Business Chamber meetings and the joint committee for Regional Infrastructure Project funding
- Strengthening of the Chamber’s voice and connection to stakeholders regarding issues affecting the Coffs Harbour business community
The winners of the Mid North Coast Regional Business Awards 2017 will be announced at the gala evening in Port Macquarie on Friday 25 August. All winners of regional awards will proceed as finalists in the State Business Awards to be held in Sydney on Friday 17 November.